PrintNow supports 3D models created with Boxshot software or other free software like Blender for instance that can export OBJ models. A common product in PrintNow that can benefit from 3D is print packaging products like boxes and other folded dimensional products but there are many other potential uses for 3D models with web-to-print software like PrintNow. See Boxshot software documentation for full instructions on how to make OBJ/MTL files prior to upload into PrintNow.
Upload Model to PrintNow
1. Go to PrintNow admin tools under EDITOR and click on the on “3D Models”.
2. Click Add 3D Model, Attached obj model file & mtl program file. See #12.
3. Fill Color is the default background color that will be used.
4. You can ignore Applet width & height because it's not actually being used.
5. Meson Code is all optional. AutoRotate is set to false by default.
BackroundColor1 & 2 creates a gradient and overrides “Fill Color”. The BackgroundImageURL will load the embedded image behind the model.
'BackgroundImageUrl': 'Insert base64 output here'
6. Upload pages allow custom upload products an override for texture names. For more than one texture separated by a comma.
7. Click save
Assign 3D model to the product in PrintNow
1. Go to products and select a category where all templates are made available.
2. Edit the correct product and change Preview Type.
3. Edit 3D Model pull-down and assign the correct model.
4. Save Changes
5. Publish product and test model on the front end for accuracy for the final step.