The Layouts feature in PrintNow can be configured to allow the replacement of your product template with a layout template. You can configure it on a page by page basis and you can configure replace order values to retain data in a text or image placeholder on the replacement.
- From your Unified admin, go to Print Editor>Layouts.
- To add a new layout group click the +Add Layout button, enter name, description, save.
- To add layout items to an existing group first click the ">" arrow on the far left of the group to expose sub-items like the screenshot above.
- Now click the +Add button within the subgrid.
- Select an IDML file only. It can contain multiple pages that will be added as individual layouts or it can contain new pages to add to existing layout items.
- Click upload and you will see your layout items listed.
- Click Action icon and edit to upload a thumbnail that will be exposed in Print Editor or delete to remove items.
Edit Layout templates
- To load your uploaded templates click Action/Edit in the Print Editor at the group level.
- Make desired edits and save your changes.
- Optionally set the "Replace Order" value on any text or image placeholder. A value of "0" should be set on both your product template and your layout items when you what to replace the entire layout. A value of "1", "2", etc should be set on both your product template and your layout items when you want the retain image and text items on a layout swap.
Assign Layouts to the product template
- To assign layouts to the product template go to Print Editor>Products.
- Select the desired product template, click the action icon, edit, and go to the Print Editor tab as #2 screenshot shows.
- Select the Layouts dropdown under Template Assets and toggle on desired layout groups.
- Click Save to save your changes.
- Preview changes to check the product template to confirm layouts works as you expect.
Article is closed for comments.