You can group your products into categories to make it easier for customers to find them. After you create a category, it can be shown on your Print Store as a web page with a gallery of the products that are in the category or you can choose to display your category page with a pricing calculator with buttons when multiple options are available for ordering. Here are a few examples of ways to setup your products on PrintNow:
- Create categories to show product browser gallery with filter options to display multiple products
- Create categories to show pricing calculator with options.
- Create product page to show pricing calculator with options.
- Pricing calculator options are Browse, Upload, Create, or Design Service
- From your Unified admin, go to Print Store>Categories.
- To add a category click “+Add Category”
- Name: Enter the name of the product category you want to show.
- Short Description: Add a brief summary of the product.
- Parent: If it’s a subcategory and not a main category select its parent.
- Pricing: Default base price selection for this category.
- Attribute: If you have an attribute group to display for this category assign one here.
- Published: Toggle on to publish your category.
- Click Save to post changes.
Edit Existing Category
- From your PrintNow admin, go to Print Store>Categories.
- Click Actions Icon and Edit you can make basic modifications, add a thumbnail, and add tags.
- To add a Thumbnail: Click 'Add' then select a file and 'Save' once you are done> press the Action Icon to Edit, Delete, or Download thumbnail.
- To add a Tag: From the dropdown menu, select a tag then press the '+' to add. You can add more than one>to Delete a Tag: under Action press the trash can icon that is inline with the tag you want to delete.
- Click Actions Icon and Edit CMS to modify main content, features, and overview, change category details, add page tabs, and provide category SEO information .
- Click Save when finished.
Export all categories as a Excel spreadsheet
- From your PrintNow admin, go to Print Stores>Categories.
- Click Export to download .xlsx file format.
- Open .xlsx file in Microsoft Excel or Google Docs.
- Columns you can edit are: Published, Display Order, Parent, Url, Description.
Import changes to EXISTING categories using a spreadsheet
- You can make changes to the existing categories you exported.
- Make sure you didn't delete or change the data in the Name column. PrintNow uses the Name column to map the product and post changes to existing data.
- To Import all saved changes click Import
- Select File and click save to upload and post changes to your product data.
Import NEW categories using a spreadsheet
- You can use the existing category you exported as a guideline to create new categories.
- To Import NEW products click Import New
- Select File and click save to upload New products.
Click the 'Manage Tags' tab to delete unwanted tags. Click Save when done.
Article is closed for comments.