In this section
Your Print Store comes with an email notification system that allows you to make customized text or HTML templates. You can choose to have email notifications sent to you, your staff, or your customers, depending on the settings. Use PrintNow's email macros inside the email template to pull relevant data from the database to help communicate details to the customer.
You can view and update your Print Store's notification emails from the Email Notifications page in your Unified admin located under Print Store>Settings>Email Notifications.
Your Print Store’s customer email notifications are sent using the email account configured under Settings/Email Account. You can use any email provider that support SMTP server configurations.
- Email is fired when user account is created on Print Store.
- Order Placed
- Email is fired when order is placed on Print Store.
- Order Status Changed
- Email is fired on when status is changed in PrintNow Admin Tools.
- Order Shipped
- Email is fired when status is changed to a shipped type.
- Order Pickup Ready
- Email is fired when status is changed to pickup type
- Order Awaiting Approval
- Used for PDF proofs pushed back in PrintNow Admin Tools for customer approval. Fires when status is changed to Awaiting Approval Type.
- Order Approved
- Used for PDF proofs pushed back in PrintNow Admin Tools for customer approval. Fires when status is changed to Approved Type.
- Order Declined
- Used for PDF proofs pushed back in PrintNow Admin Tools for customer approval. Fires when status is changed to Declined Type.
- Invoice Created
- Used for User Groups requiring approval workflows in Print Store. Fires when order is created and requires approval.
- Invoice Declined
- Used for User Groups requiring approval workflows in Print Store. Fires when order is declined by order approver.
- Invoice Changed
- Used for User Groups requiring approval workflows in Print Store. Fires when status is changed in PrintNow Admin Tools.
- Invoice Approved
- Used for User Groups requiring approval workflows in Print Store. Fires when order is approved by order approver.
- Download Instructions
- Used for digital downloads. Fires when order is placed and comes before download ready.
- Download Ready
- Used for digital downloads. Fires when order PDF is ready and comes after download instructions. May take a few minutes to process but usually under a minute.
- Lost Password
- Email is fired when end user requests lost password. Allows the users to reset password after entering email tied to acccount.
- Inventory Warning
- Email is fired when items left in inventory hit the min value set and will email a admin user.
- Vendor Purchase Order
- Email is fired when order is assigned a vendor and status is set on vendor Type.
Your Print Store has many notification templates. Notifications are triggered by events, like a new order being placed, or an order being fulfilled.
You can customize your email notifications and also edit the content of email individually.
- From your PrintNow admin, go to Print Store>Settings>Email Notifications.
- To add a new email click +Add Email button and click Edit.
- To edit an existing email click Actions icon and configure email template.
- Email Details
- Types: Their are 17 Email types in PrintNow. Choose one that relates to the email template your working with.
- From: You can enter (%COMPANY_EMAIL%) to pull from your SMTP email account. Use the same email address your sending email from to avoid being flagged as Spam.
- To: Use (%USER_EMAIL%) to send email to users account email.
- CC: CC is a way of sending additional copies of an email to other people. Separate multiple emails by a comma.
- BCC: Unlike with CC, no one but the sender can see the list of BCC recipients. Separate multiple emails by a comma.
- Subject: Keep it short and sweet. Email subject lines will get cut off if they're too long, particularly on mobile devices. You can combine email macros like" "Your Order# (%ORDER_ID%) is on it's way!
- Text or HTML: It's the way web pages and email templates are coded so that text is formatted and images are added. Plain Text is regular text, with no formatting options such as bold, italics, underlines, or special layout options. Emails can be received and viewed in both HTML or Plain-Text formats.
- Email Macros
- Use Email Macros in your email template to pull data from the database. For each email type you work with there is a different set of Email Macros that will be available.
- WYSIWYG Editor
- PrintNow offers WYSIWYG rich HTML editing software for fast develpment with better developer and user experience in mind. Our products are the building blocks for creating and editing beautiful content easier and faster. Learn More.
Tips & Tricks when creating email templates
Visually appealing email designs and flawless code are the basis to creating the perfect email experience. So what are the things you need to take into consideration? We compiled a list of best practices to be aware of when your designing your notification emails.
iPhones allow for a 300-pixel width when held vertically and a 480-pixel width in landscape format. iPhones also resize emails to fit the screen, but many other smart phones don't, so it makes sense to design for the lowest common denominator. The benefit is not only that you ensure the recipient sees as much of your email as possible, but also that it limits the aggravation of scrolling side to side when viewing on a mobile device.
font: italic 12px Arial
You give it the whole shebang, like this:
font-style: italic; font-size: 12px; font-family: Arial
Article is closed for comments.